Posted on March 1, 2009 by Jamie Slaughter, with 16537 viewsBuy Now
Space, the final frontier. These are the features of the Laserpod Supernova - to boldly glow where no Laserpod has glowed before, to seek out new lighting effects, to transform your ceiling into a laser studded sky of infinite depth and variation. We may be stretching the analogy a bit now, so let's move on. This total re-design, re-fit and re-vamp of the Laserpod into its current incarnation as the aptly named Supernova is quite simply stunning. Looking not a little unlike the piston head from some kind of sexy super-car, it hides a brilliant (quite literally) lighting display system. A cluster of powerful LEDs and a laser are embedded in the aluminium body of the light, and shine up through a revolving multi-faced crystal that splits and fractures the light sources into a galaxy of ever changing effects. Great sweeps of stars (including shooting ones) unfold across your ceiling, interspersed with clustered novas, and probably a quark or two.
The Supernova comes with three filters to change the style and impact of the display from crisp stars and space clouds, to ever transforming fractal light show, to gentle undulation colour shifts, and you can place any glass item over the top lens to add even more lighting effects. Each element creates different but equally mesmerising lighting effects that are both mellow and yet decidedly funky. The Laserpod Supernova is set to be the 21st Century answer to the lava lamp, only stratospherically cooler.
* A super slick aluminium projector unit.
* Red and green lasers project a galaxy of starbursts and shooting stars onto your ceiling.
* The classic red and blue LEDs synonymous with the Laserpod create gaseous blue clouds to add to the scene.
* Pure crystal refracts the LEDs to project different laser effects.
* A holographic lens is included to adjust the lighting effects.
* Suitable for ages 12 years+.
* Requires a mains adaptor (UK adaptor included).
* Size: 17 x 8 x 8cm.
You can pick up a LaserPod SuperNova from the IWOOT Store