Doxie Portable Scanner
Posted on April 16, 2010 by Jamie Slaughter, with 26049 views
At first glance this does not look like a scanner. Light, compact and an unconventional shape would excuse you from making this assumption. This, however, is not intended to lie in your office, but has been made with portability in mind. Take it with you on your business travels, allowing for quick and easy duplicating of any documents needed. The product was revealed three months ago, but has only now started being shipped. The Doxie scanner retails at $129, and is likely to prove a trusty companion for all your business expeditions.
The scanner is extremely lightweight, weighing in at a mere 10.9 ounces. It is also USB powered, allowing you to scan paper directly to PC's, Macs and a selection of web apps such as Acrobat, Flickr and Google Docs. With no power cable required, simply plug in the USB cable and you're ready to scan. The Doxie scanner will scan any document in full colour up to 600 dpi, and could not be simpler to use - simply press the DOxie 'Heart' Button on the scanner and scanning will begin.
The features of the Doxie scanner include;
* Color scanning at up to 600 dpi with automatic page detection
* Lightweight, ultra-portable design with included case
* Doxieʼs Heart Button: innovative multi-action button for one press scanning and sharing
* Included software for simple scanning and direct cloud sharing
* Direct integration with popular desktop and web apps like Google Docs, Picasa, and more
* Free Doxie Cloud service for turning paper into postable URLs for instant sharing and web-based access on iPhone, iPad, and other mobile devices
* Automatic cropping, rotation, contrast, and image cleanup for crisp, clean scans
* Advanced photo editing with direct support for the Picnik online photo editing suite
* Save as PDF, JPEG, or lossless PNG
* Fully accessorized with cloud scanning software, USB cable, quick start guide, leatherette